WHAT IS INFERTILITY?
- Infertility is a condition not a disease affecting the reproductive system that prevents successful pregnancy. It is typically diagnosed after a couple has had 6 to 12 months of unprotected, well-timed intercourse.
TO GET PREGNANT:
- A woman must release an egg from one of her ovaries (ovulation)
- The egg must go through a fallopian tube toward the uterus (womb).
- A man's sperm must join with (fertilize) the egg along the way in fallopian tube.
- The fertilized egg must attach to the inside of the uterus (implantation).
- Infertility can result from problems that interfere with any of these steps able to carry a pregnancy
- Fallopian tube damage or blockage
- Ovulation disorder
- Elevated prolactin
- Polycystic ovary syndrome(PCOS)
- Early menopause
- Benign uterine fibroids
- Pelvic adhesions, of other causes can lead to infertility.
- Other causes.
- Excessive caffeine intake.
- Other medical conditions :
Cancer and its treatment
sickle cell disease
HIV/AIDS, kidney disease and diabetes can affect woman's infertility.
- Woman can also be affected by certain lifestyle and environmental factors, including (but not limited to):
- Poor diet
- Beingn overweight or underweight
- Smoking, drugs, and alcohol
- Environmental toxins
- Genetic conditions, such as being a carrier of Fragile X syndrome
Other health problems, such as sexually transmitted diseases
HOW WILL DOCTORS FIND OUT?
- No matter how old you are, it's always a good idea to talk to a doctor before you start trying to get pregnant. Doctors can help you prepare your body for a healthy baby. They can also answer questions on fertility and give tips onconceiving.
- Doctors can find the cause of a couple's infertility by doing a complete fertility evaluation. This process usually begins with physical exams and health and sexual histories. If there are no obvious problems, like poorly timed intercourse or absence of ovulation, tests will be needed.
- Finding the cause of infertility is often a long, complex and emotional process. It can take months for you and your doctor to complete all the needed exams and tests. So don't be alarmed if the problem is not found right away.
For a woman: .
- Hormone test
- Ovulatory scan.
- HSG,TT,Laproscopic examination,etc
2.How long the couple has been trying to get pregnant
3.The age of both the man and woman
4.The overall health of the partners
5.Preference of the partners
Usually there are a variety of ways to treat infertility, including:
3.Intrauterine insemination/artificial insemination (woman is injected with carefully prepared sperm from the husband, partner, or a donor)
4.Assisted reproductive technology (ART), such as in vitro fertilization
IN SIDDHA SYSTEM :
Infertility is denoted as MALADU in siddha system of medicine. It is defined as inability to pregnant .
The common causes of Maladu are
2 . Immature follicles
3.Any infection of endometrium
5.Chronic cervicitis: In chronic cervicitis the dischargefrom p/v will kill the sperms.
6.Discharge P/V due to any infection.
7.Inflammationreproductive organs orga(uterus, ovary , fallopiantube).
In ancient times one of the famous sidhar“THIRUMOOLAR” said that
“varaiyana karpathil malatupuzhu puhil
Karaiyana maladiyan kaanathai pokidil
Thuraiyana pillaiyum suhamai senithidumae”
In “Pathinen Siddhar Aruliya Aathmaraatcha mirtham” page no:32-33 also denoted the main symptoms of .They are
- Lower abdominal pain during menstruation.
- The discharge p/v is looks like meat washed water.
- Discharge of water during coitus .
Maladu is classified into six types in siddha system of medicine. They are
- Kaga maladu
- Kathali maladu
- kanma maladu
- Aan maladu
- Pen maladu
- Niranthara maladu
It is defined as there is no issues after the two babies.
- It is defined as no issues after one baby.
- It is defined as repeated abortions occur, there is no issues.
- The main symptoms of aan maladu is described as
- The semen contains very low specific gravity(weight less sperms).
- The Main symptoms of pen maladu is described as
- Bleeding during the each menstrual cycle should be noted,the symptoms are
- yellowish black
- Passing clots
- Bleeding looks like pus,urine, motion.
- "YUGI MUNI” also states that obesity is one of the main cause for infertililty .The main symptoms are
- Excessive body weight especially in centripetal type.
The patient were treated according to everyone’s complaints and condition.The common basic treatment include
- Bringing Tridhosas in to it’s equilibrium state.
- Treatment for Malatu puzhu at the time of menstruation(especially on first three days of cycle)
- Administration of Internal medicine with suitable Anupanam.
- External touch therapy (VARMA) and yoga.
- Pathiyam that is diet restriction to normalize the viated dhosas and maintain good drug action.
IN MY CLINICAL PRACTICE:
- Though I am treating various cases in my clinic treatment for infertility is challenging and very interesting one.
- I have treated a number of cases with various etiology.
- Usually the couple come after 8-10 yrs of marriage life.
- Clear history and the previous treatment of the infertile partners are being analysed first
- The defect in conceiving is clearly ruled out with the help of modern investigation like Ultrasound Scanning and relevant tests.
- With the help of siddha investigation methods the patient is then screened for treatment.
- Effective siddha medicines are individually prepared for the patients and provided to the patients with clean observation.
- Varma and Yoga therapy also being used as per need.
- Strict dietary regimen and Anupanam are maintained during treatment.
- Success rate I am getting from our treatment is more than 90% that most of the patients were previously failed cases .
"I am really happy and mentally satisfied to treat such cases, that we are saving a whole family".